Nov 6, 2002

"Please wait. Your call will be answered in the order it was received." This bugs me. I know it might be nitpicky but I can't help it. Maybe I studied too much math or computer science. But doesn't order apply to sets of things? What's wrong with, "Please wait. Calls are answered in the order they are received." Hey, I don't mind bad grammar, it's stupidity that bugs me. I'm trying to figure out where it started. At first I was thinking, how incredibly dumb that somebody came up with this stupid phrase and it caught on. Monkey hear, monkey speak. But I've noticed that the voice always sounds roughly the same (I think there are both male and female voice versions). Nortel and Edify are the top vendors of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems. I wonder if one of them doesn't ship with the message built in. If anybody knows the answer, please email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home